The Octaves smooth, clean lines turn heads, while its revolutionary performance continues to impress. Proud of its history and revolutionary design, this model ensures you will stand out from the crowd with a bike that is anything but typical.
The Octave (formerly known as the Metro) made history as the first model ever to be purpose designed and built as an electric bike rather than a bike with added electrics or motor. The Octaves smooth, clean lines and deliberately robust, industrial design make sure you stand out in a crowd. While minimal external components ensure that the models frame does the talking.
Taking its cue from popular scooters, the Octaves handle bar-based throttle grip gives power on demand, with a maximum speed of 25km/h (15.5mph)*. The models more upright seating position ensures comfort, while the option of a second, integrated battery (to complement the ebikes removable battery), extends its range to a possible 70km (40 miles)*.
* Dependant on power setting, rider and riding conditions.
- Maximum power assistance speed: 20mph
- Range: up to 20 miles (on internal battery). Up to 40 miles with second auxiliary battery.
- Maximum power assistance speed 20mph
- Display: Backlight display, speed, distance and battery charge
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 36v 13.2ah
- Recharging Time: 3-4 hours
- A2B Motor/ Power: 500w TDCM brushless DC hub motor
- Gearing Deraileur: Shimano Alivio 7-speed
- Brakes: Tektro Aurigia E-Comp Hydraulic Disc brakes
- Suspension:Telescopic, 75mm Travel front, KS-290 hydraulic damping, 60mm Travel rear suspension
- Frame: 6061 Y-aluminum frame
- Tires: 20" x 3.0"
- Curb Weight: 39.7kg (87.5lb)